Daniel F Craviotto Jr, MDHip, Knee & Shoulder Replacement, Arthroscopic Surgery & Sports Medicine
Dr. Craviotto is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who is fellowship trained in hip and knee replacement surgery.
He is a Santa Barbara native and a 7th generation Santa Barbaran who attended local schools. He graduated from California Lutheran University where he was a Biology major and played collegiate football.
He attended the Medical College of Wisconsin and then completed an Orthopedic Surgical Residency Program at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio where he received expert training in shoulder replacement surgery. He then completed his hip and knee replacement fellowship also in San Antonio, Texas.
Dr. Craviotto returned to Santa Barbara in 1994. He has served on numerous Cottage Hospital committees and has been in physician leadership positions. He served as Chief of Surgery at Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital from 2013—2017. He was named the Outstanding Physician of the Year at Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital in 2011.
Dr. Craviotto’s areas of expertise and interest are hip and knee replacement surgery, shoulder replacement surgery, shoulder and knee arthroscopy and sports medicine.
- California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, California B.A., Biology 1979
- Medical College of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Wisconsin M.D., Medical Degree 1981-1985
- University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas Orthopedic Internship 1985-1986
- University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas Orthopedic Residency 1986-1990
- University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas Total Joint Replacement/Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
- Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital | Santa Barbara, California
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital | Santa Barbara, California
- Summit Surgery Center
Additional Society Memberships
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- California Medical Association
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
Type of Practice
- Orthopedic Group
Scope of Practice
- General orthopedic surgeon with a specialty interest
To know more about Dr. Craviotto please visit www.danielcraviottomd.com